The Green Planet
Green Planet is a real oasis in the desert, recreating an unbelievable South American Amazon rainforest ecosystem. This expansive glass biodome at City Walk sprawls over an area of about 60,000 square feet and is home to more than 3000 unique species of flora and fauna, from hyacinth macaw, toco toucan with orange beeks, and coy nocturnal porcupines to crocodile lizards and snakes. Developed by Meraas and operated by ZoOceanarium Group, it has an elegant cylinder shape, with its exterior appearing like a folded piece of origami paper.
Designed down to the minutest detail with absolute real-like rainforest features, a visit to Green Planet would apparently give you a feel of exploring an authentic tropical forest. The major draw is a massive 25-meter-high artificial Kapok style tree that stands tall and widespread within the facility. Made up of vines and figs, it’s the largest of its kind in the world and acts as a life-sustaining tree, sheltering many exotic plant, animal, and bird species. A scintillating waterfall attached to the tree adds to the charm, besides filling the air with cool mist.
- Pick up from your Hotel (If transfer option selected at the time of your Booking)
- Admission Tickets
- Drop off at your Hotel (If transfer option selected at the time of your Booking)
- This indoor attraction at City Walk is the Middle East’s first Bio-dome.
- It’s ideal for all age groups and particularly great for those who wish to experience serene and cool greenery in the middle of the desert.
- The massive 60,000-square-feet facility recreates the ecosystem of Amazon rainforest.
- In the center of facility, there is the largest of its kind, man-made tree which serves as a breeding ground for several exotic plants, animals, and birds.
- Discover four layers of the ecosystem: Flooded Rainforest, Forest Floor, The Midstory and The Canopy.
- Touch pythons, take in the aquarium, catch up with sloths, and see several amazing bird species freely flying your overhead, among others.
- It also enthralls you with some amazing experiences such as Australian Walkabouts, Bug Encounter, the Bat Cave, and Sugar Glider Encounter.